Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lessons of Life from My Concert Travelogue...

Outta town Concerts have always been a wonderful experience for me. The new place, ppl, food, culture, language, different tastes n preferences in music etc etc make it very interesting n it becomes a learning experience. I can say tat i have mastered the art of talking to strangers and make them feel as if i have known them for a long time :D Jokes apart, i have met some interesting and intriguing ppl.

On one such concert trip, i met a Family of Achievers. Amongst them was Mr.Ramanan, a versatile composer who could also sing extremely well [well tats a rarity :D]. Any song rendered from heart can completely conquer the listener n this was very evident in his case. The beautiful yet simple lyrics, the underlying spiritual message, the tune which was melodious n so in sync with the lyrics made his songs blossom with glory! With all these credentials wat really made him class apart was his simplicity and never cease to smile attitude. And wat more his Wife was equally gr8!! If knowledge can be bliss, she is the best example to it. Her in depth knowledge in variety of subjects really put me of!! I had a wonderful time interacting with them and it did put me up on my learning curve! I had a wonderful time and found a very good friend too.

One other inspiring person was an 80 year old man whom i met in Kakinada. Even youngsters like us cannot match his spirited n energetic approach to life! His organizing capabilities is something to be modeled with meticulous planning and execution going into larger and smaller details alike! Almost everyone whom i met in Kakinada looked up to him with respect for his valued suggestions and guidance! I feel blessed to have met such person.

One other thing that keeps lingering in my taste buds is the food i had when i went to Calicut for a concert. Gosh! The smell of the coconut oil in the dishes really is a treat to the taste buds n tummy. There is a proverb in Tamil - "Sevikku unavu illada podu Vayitrukku siridu eeyappadum". Well in this case it was the other way round :D Though i had to provide the food for Ears :P

Ciao for now. Will b back with more Lessons of Life from My Concert Travelogue... ;)

2 comments:

confounded-lady said...

Very interesting Vilasini. :) Do keep posting more concert travelogues :)
-Maythini

S.M.Vilasini said...

Thanks Mayth. Will try my best :) Btw happened to c ur blog. Am clapping!!!! Simply awesome!!! n Thanks a ton coz its gonna be my recipe source [specially ur Tam Bram ones] once i start learning to cook!