Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Fun-O-Drama Concert Trip to Anakapalli - Episode 1

Lolzzzzzzz. Even to think abt this trip makes me laugh like Crazzyy. Right from the beginning it was totally filled with drama and it was absolutely funny too.
I was supposed to catch the Howrah Mail at 11.30 pm to reach Anakapalli. On the day of my departure, i had a concert. Thought i would finish that, come back n then pack. But lo. At the concert, i meet a person who tells me that according to that day's HINDU, 3 Sleeper Coaches and the Pantry ver gonna be cancelled bcoz of cancellation of Coramandal Express due to derailments in that line [The Coramandal Express gets converted into Howrah Mail and since it was cancelled, Reserve coaches from the yard had to be attached for a make shift Howrah Mail]. I call the Railway Enquiry and and they seem to keep transfering the call than answering my query [very typical of a Govt Organisations!!] Alas [seemed like back to square one... i mean person 1 to me!] there is this person who decides to answer my query [by asking me to wait and calling someone else for my query!]. He keeps me waiting [guess he is getting the taste of his own medicine :?].. n finally says...SORRY we dunt know abt it!! I asked him whether he atleast knew abt the coaches being cancelled. He said NO. I just cut the phone in disgust. The only other way of knowing abt it was going to station early and wait for the train to come!! So had to rush home. By the time i came home it was 9.00 pm n beleive it or not i packed everything in 5 minutes :D I dunt know how i managed tat.. but yes i did it! I leave home by 9.30 pm n was wondering how much of a Drama was in store while bargaining with the Auto Fellows! But then for a change the very first Auto fellow asked me a fair price [Now i started praying tat there shouldnt be rains!!] I reach Station by 10 pm [Again unlike me to reach a place well before time :D] The Train arrives with rattling coaches by 10.15pm. There is utter chaos as ppl rush to get into the train [the ones rushing faster ver the ppl with reserved tickets!!] But then there is a pandemonium coz there is no Number to the Coaches nor are the passenger name sheets glued to the coaches. Then come a man.. who starts sticking the Coach Numbers n passenger details.. and it was like a count down.. tick tick [lost count of the ticks!!] 1....2....3....4....5....6....7....8....9.... n announces the other coaches are cancelled. Then i realised tat i hadn't seen the ticket for my coach number!!!!!! I slowly take out my ticket.. n lo its S9 n i escaped the axe!! I called the Mridangist Swaminathan to tell him tat the journey was on. I board the train with Dad n again confusion breaks out with respect to seat numbers. N ya there was no light untill 11 pm inside the train n no water till we reached Vijayawada the next morning!! The seats had the side middle bearth which was actually taken off from feb begining. I had once travelled in the side middle n trust me there is no better torture than sleeping in the side middle birth. I almost cursed it! Not just me.. many who have travelled by tat. But behold.... The Curse became a Boon tat day to many ppl whos coaches ver cancelled. The additional side middle births ver given to them n not many did actually miss the train! The train starts by 11.45 pm and we all settle down with the TT being very patient n helpful. We reach Anakapalli by 11 am the next day...

This is just a Starter.. the Main course n Dessert will follow ;)

No comments: